The seat of the Provincial Government of Iloilo is loacted at corner Bonifacio Drive and Iznart st. in Iloilo City. Built in 1840, it was known as Casa Real de Iloilo or Royal House.
From the Official Site of the Province of Iloilo:
“The architectural character of the Old Provincial Capitol is that of Eclecticism. The front colonnade composed of pillars are in the style of the Greek-Roman doric order, visually enhanced by entasis, a technique curving the column shafts. The facade is symmetrical, imbued with a scale of monumentality and formality. This character is naturally inherent of most civic and governmental edifices. The front balconies, one in the middle and smaller ones on either sides are design elements suggesting exposition of heads of government to the citizenry as ceremonial pedestals for fitting occasions.
As the edifice stands today, the eclectic architectural consistency has been tampered with clashing quasi-modernistic elements to a severe degree of architectural mutation.
On November 4, 1998, a fire of unknown source baffled the capitol damaging almost more than the half of the whole building leaving only the main building. This resulted to the construction of a six-storey Provincial Capitol of the future initiated by Gov. Arthur D. Defensor, Sr. and brought to finish by Gov. Niel D. Tupas, Sr., it now stands behind the original structure.
The seat of the Iloilo Provincial Government and the most modern Provincial Capitol in the Philippines.”